Involve Customer in to Processes: Customer Experience Predictions, 2023
Posted: 1 month ago
So with 2022 being generously described as a bumpy ride, what should CX professionals expect for 2023?
For those answers, we collected opinions from professionals and turned to experts and asked for their 2023 customer experience predictions across a variety of elements.
These experts are thought leaders, authors, speakers, practitioners, professionals, academicians, and consultants. They hail from all over the world and their favorite brands for CX are, not surprisingly, Amazon, Apple, Chewy, Disney, LEGO, Slack, Warby Parker, and Zappos.
First, we wanted to know which seemingly outlandish prediction was most likely to happen this year, and the votes were completely mixed. In fact, every choice received at least one vote:
- Frontier Airlines restarts telephone customer service – 25%
- The healthcare industry is severely disrupted by a new startup – 25%
- Amazon stock hits all-time high – 17%
- CX budgets exceed Marketing budgets for first time – 17%
- Mark Zuckerberg deems the Metaverse a failure – 8%
- Elon Musk sells or closes Twitter – 8%
Second, we tried to know the opinion of these experts on:
- Focus on More Automation - 24%
- Focus on Employees Experience - 21%
- Customer Centric Policies - 24%
- Involving Customers in Process - 31%
Next, we asked with some amount of irony, which acronym will gain the most traction for CX in 2023.
- Three-quarters of the experts voted for AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- while the remaining 25% voted for EX (Employee Experience).
- Sadly, no one voted for KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid),
- NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens),
- NPS (Net Promoter Score), or
- SMS (Short Message Service, a.k.a. texting).